Saturday, November 27, 2010

Twinkle Sews - Skyline Skirt



I love this skirt. Easy to sew but it is rated intermediate and it would be easier if the book had told me that I had to cut the fabric on the flat or I would end up with two half skirts with the points going in different directions by cutting with the fabric folded as you do for most patterns. All other patterns in this book are full patterns so not cut on the fold but when you have so many small pieces you think it makes sense to fold and cut. I noticed before sewing so only my cutting time was waisted. I used the size 4 as the instruction say to add 2" of ease. This meant that I had to take the skirt in by 3" across all seams to keep it looking right. I now realise that the skirt sits lower than my waist so I could have taken more out but its too late now. I used black and white thread as I didn't want it to show through so I re-threaded my machine a few times to make this skirt. I also only lined the skirt to the highest point of the white so more like a facing than a lining this worked well.

I used my first invisible zip with the invisible zip foot. Its okay but I think I can do better.
 I used catch stitch on the hem as I have seen it used in other people's sewing. It worked really well it is a fast stitch to sew.

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to sew up this skirt! Great to see your version. :)

    ReplyDelete